When I first started my blog, I had no idea what I was doing. I just picked the most popular site for a blog that I knew of and signed up. That was that. I had never really read many blogs and had never seen anyone update a blog more than once a month. I had great intentions for keeping mine up to date, especially since James had a few job opportunities in other states. But, when we ended up staying here and got to see family somewhat regularly, I just kind of let things slide. Like in the not blogging at all kind of letting things slide way.
I'm sure God knew I needed some kind of blog intervention. When Ian was about two months old, this new guy showed up at work. We knew some of the same people back in West Texas. His wife had a blog! A way cool, much more hip blog. AND she blogged several times a week! Fun stories about their cutie patootie little boy. Sad stories about world news events. Lame pranks her hubby tried to pull on her (haha -j/k Josh!). Recipes for the holidays. And give-a-ways! I had so much fun reading her blog. It totally inspired me to get my act together and get this blog back on its little bloggy training wheels instead of sitting on the sidelines. (You can read more of Libby's great blog
here.)
So I was thrilled when our schedules finally worked out to meet up and take the boys on a fun outing. We decided to have lunch at Mickey-D's and then head over to the
Fort Worth Children's Museum. Neither of us had been there before and it looked like fun.
The McDonald's just down the street from the museum was really nice. I had never seen stonework like this in one before. (This is the table we ended up sitting at, but for some reason, we forgot to get a picture of all of us having lunch.)

While we were waiting to meet our friends, Ian had a great time looking out the window watching traffic go by. He also made friends with a few little boys who were sitting across the way.

Blog buddies in person at last! Checking each other out before heading down to the children's part of the museum.

They were so cute to watch together! Noah has the sweetest little personality.

The back wall had some fun hand prints all over it.

Hanging with Libby! He loved her scarf.

Libby got a great new camera for Christmas and has been having fun honing her photography skills. She's gonna have to teach me all she knows because know I want a new camera too! She took this picture of Ian sitting in the padded infants and toddler area.

London Bridge is falling down... Okay, not quite. Still a pretty cool looking bridge though.

And it could have been falling down for all Ian cared. He wanted some milk!

Wheeee! Noah having fun with his sweet Momma!

All that play made our boys hungry and ready for snack time. Good thing the crocodile wasn't too hungry!

The entrance/exit to the Children's Museum...right above the boys' heads. I couldn't get both shots in one pix.

Right next to the Children's Museum, they had a dinosaur area with skeletons and interesting facts for the kiddos to learn. Ian is sitting in a large dino footprint.

Of course, the footprint was much more fun to share with a buddy! (Thanks for sharing the photo, Libby!)

I guess the boys have a bit of growing to do before they can be dino-normous.

Upstairs in the museum were a few more exhibits. I thought this one was a pretty way to say good night!

We had a fun day and great time getting to know our friends in person. We're definitely looking forward to the next outing! Thanks for being such wonderful blog buddies!
love all the pictures! we had so much fun! can't wait to do it again!
ReplyDelete